I trust you have taken time for fun, friends, and family. I hope you have enjoyed attending to the things that matter to you and that you are returning to school refreshed and with a sense of joyful determination and curiosity as we journey together to the end of your days at high school. (can you believe it?)
- Upon returning, I will expect that you have spent some time coming to understand your chosen poems for Poetry in Voice. (memorization ought to begin now)
- We will have our class-wide competition Jan.11/12
- In each class until that day (4 classes)we will set aside 10 minutes for practicing and prepping our recitations.
We are continuing our look at The Taming of the Shrew. Full text here I encourage you to employ the use of your critical theory skills as you read and respond to questions.
- Please note we will write the final essay for this unit during the week of January 25th.
- Your preliminary(quiz weight)essay will fall, likely, Jan. 13/14
We will begin our study of The Power of One not later than the first week in February, so you can plan your reading accordingly. We will finish the novel study not later than March 4th. (one needs to have finished the novel in advance of Feb. 22 roughly.
I am very much looking forward to our studies in 2016!
Warmly,
Ms. S