Thursday, 26 January 2017

'The Taming of the Shrew' Homework Due Feb. 1

Hello 12s,


  • Today we reviewed Critical theory and applied it to the videos assigned last day as practice.
  • Please note: I have added additional notes on CT in the previous blog post which may serve to clarify things further.
  • We signed out our Taming of the Shrew plays and collected our Unit overviews. The entire unit and all assignments are on this document including your final test question. Next day, I will provide you with a break down of the dates associated with this unit. We will finish in time for the end of term one. 
Homework Due next class: 
  • Read reference section #1 (See front of unit plan)
  • Using the Chart at the back of the unit plan, Do Worksheet #1 Section A
  • Do NOT use character trait words that are written in the text. Analyze or find synonyms (own words)
We will read this play considering our critical theory.

I am including a link to 'NO Fear Shakespeare' The Taming of the Shrew where you can read the text in the original alongside a modern translation. 

Ms. S