- Firstly, please keep in mind that the assignment you received back last day is open for reworking to improve understanding and to increase that grade.
- Secondly, it was/is a very low risk assignment as it will not count for much toward term1.
- Penultimately, largely the first assignment is about us getting to know one another and how we both work.
- Finally, your self worth is not contingent upon any mark. I certainly seek to see you and your work afresh each day. I suggest you afford yourselves the same courtesy.
Homework due Sept. 19/13
Read Steven King's essay Why We Crave Horror Movies. Respond to the following questions:
- What do you notice about the way/s King organizes his essay? Consider his purpose/s, intended audience and diction. /5
- Consider tone and list 3 words to describe the speaker's tone providing a suitable example for each. /6
- How would you characterize the speaker? List 3 traits and an apt illustration for each. /6
- What is an appropriate thesis statement for this essay? /3
I will accept the redo next class only.