I just wanted to take a moment to speak to you about the in class write you all did yesterday. This was a unique and therefore difficult task. I asked you to undertake a fairly complex task with very little instruction on how you were to do it or on the nature of the content I was looking for. Many of you expressed your anxiety about the task. I asked you to have a sense of adventure, curiosity and creativity in the face of that anxiety.
I have spent this morning looking over the papers you produced. I am so happy for and proud of you all! Each paper is unique and contemplative. They bespeak minds at work and strong senses of voice and control. I will finish marking them over the weekend.
I was so excited I just had to tell someone and who better to share this joy with than YOU?
Congratulations everyone.