My apologies to G block for my absence this afternoon. I am feeling just terrible. I did want to clarify for you the expectations around work coming up:
- 'Chicken Hips' questions are due Oct. 27/28 Please remember that without proper structure I'll not be marking them.
- The hand out on Parallelism ought to be attempted for Oct. 27/28 we will review it at that time. I just want to see what you are able to do;there are no major marks associated with it.
- I recommend that you aim for the Nov. 11th weekend to be finalizing your reading of your novels. This will allow optimal time for your assignments to be completed.
There will be a quiz weight in class essay write on Oct.29/30 . Please consider the following regarding this assignment:
- The essay shall be inclusive of 2 forms. You'll declare and blend a combination of narrative/descriptive/comparison/persuasive/argumentative/expository. Choose 2 and employ/combine them.
- You may bring an outline to the write but it may have no sentences on it. Rather this ought to be a skeletal map of the shape of your ideas.
- You will be assessed equally on form and sophistication/effectiveness of content. So I'll look at both how and what you are saying.
- Be aware of your perspective/diction/form/ devices (analogy,metaphor, irony, simile, imagery) as they all fit together to achieve your purpose.
You are encouraged to spend time imagining how you might creatively deal with this prompt. We will have time to discuss next class. Come with your questions.
Please do not write a paper with your tutor and spend the weekend memorizing it. That is not helpful preparation for your life as a thinker/writer. Rather, explore possible ideas and map out how you could fulfill the above criteria to meet your purpose. Be curious and creative and try to have a good time with it. If you are enjoying it, likely your reader will too. If you are bored, your reader will be bored. Have a playful attitude if you can.
I look forward to answering you questions and seeing what you've dreamed up over the weekend.
Be well.
Ms.S